The DownEast Country Dance Festival
New in 2017:
Still the same:
- Tickets for the Survivors Dance are once again available with advance sales.
- Mail in orders must be postmarked by March 14.
- Online sales will be available until 1 am March 22.
- There is a small increase in online prices to cover the PayPal fees.
- See the ticket page for more details.
Our goal is to remain affordable and welcoming, especially for the young people in our community.
- Great time will be had by all
- Delicious food
- Kids 10 and under free (with an adult)
About the Festival
The DownEast Country Dance Festival is an annual celebration of traditional music and dance in Maine. At the festival you can: contra, folk and swing dance; attend dance, instrumental and singing workshops and family activities; play in the festival orchestra and jam sessions; and enjoy performances in the auditorium and bistro. Come and join us at Mount Ararat Middle School, Topsham, Maine (get directions)!
Check out photos and videos of past festivals and events!
27th Annual Festival: March 23 & 24, 2018
Come and join us at Mount Ararat Middle School, Topsham, Maine (get directions).
Click here to see the draft schedule for 2017, or here to view or print a Festival flier.
Survivors Dance: Sunday, March 25, 2018
Join us at the Bowdoinham Town Hall (get directions).
The Comfort Inn in Brunswick is offering a discounted rate for Festival attendees. Let them know that you're attending the DownEast Country Dance Festival to get the discount.
You can also connect with local dancers on our Facebook page.
DownEast Country Dance Festival Committee
(All hard-working volunteers)
- Glen Loper - Chair
- Maureen Costello - Vice Chair
- Lynn Plumb
- Maggie Robinson
- May Hall